Monday, March 28, 2016

Simple and easy Lentil cheddar-potato Crockpot Soup

Hey everyone!!! Just a quick recipe for you to throw together in the morning and enjoy for dinner. Especially delicious for cold nights :)

Now, let me state - this is what I personally make for my family of 8 (2 adults and 6 kids 10 and under). Divide in half or adjust for your family *OR* just make a bunch and have food all week ;-)







Ingredients:

⭐Package of dry red lentils (I think it was around 3 cups?) rinsed
⭐2 cups diced onions (we pre-dice and freeze ours and I just poured out what I wanted)
⭐2 cups baby carrots
⭐1 heart of celery (I always use the leafy greens, too)
⭐3 large peeled and diced russet potatoes
⭐4 cups of chicken stock
⭐Water as necessary (I used about 3 cups this time)
⭐3 bay leaves
⭐to taste: onion salt (I probably did a few teaspoons), garlic powder (probably 2 TSP), and white pepper (1 TSP? Black pepper is fine).
⭐One package of ham lunch meat, cut up into bite size pieces
⭐A few cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions:

Soooo easy!!! Ok here it goes - Chuck everything into your Crockpot except for the ham and cheese. Turn on low for 8 hours. Probably halfway through I stirred to make sure everything was combined. During the last 30 mins I added in the ham and cheese. Optional, serve with French or garlic bread :)

Halfway through. Stirred.
All finished!

Thanks for reading along. I hope you love it as much as we do! For something that has absolutely nothing to do with food, lol, follow my beauty page on fb and Instagram through my hashtags #beautybybeccab

No comments:

Post a Comment

A walk through the park...

A walk through the park...
My beautiful family of 7