Sunday, August 18, 2013

How do you manage so many kids?

Often times, and I mean frequently, I am asked how I can possibly manage to have five children.

"I go crazy with two!"
"I only have three part time, I don't know how you do it!"

I can give you my answer: We all succeed with what we need to.

I have a friend of mine who has the three kids and is also a full time worker in a medical office. She amazes me. She works so hard and manages to keep all of her children happy and healthy. She pushes herself as far as she can go as a mother, yet still works 8 hours shifts five days a week. How does she do it?

Another friend of mine has been a single mother for nearly two years. She has faced some significant obstacles financially, but was always optimistic and found ways around them. Her daughter is extremely intelligent and well-rounded. How has she done it?

In the end, we must follow through with what we are handed. Or, what we hand ourselves.

I chose to have five kids. Well, my husband and I did haha. We accepted the responsibility the moment we decided to conceive each of these babies (yes, all were planned. Well... one of the twins was  surprise ;) haha).

Is it hard? Heck yes it is! How often do I go out with friends? Randomly and for limited hours when I do... but I'm ok with that. I know that every single Friday night is going to be spent home. My husband works nights and goes to school once a week, so I only have help with bed time one time a week. Is it hard? Yes. But it's ok. It is my life. It's what I'm used to.

If I suddenly had ten kids I think I'd go crazy! But hey! Looks at the Duggars! 19 children?! Yet they are managed well, they're intelligent and happy, well-mannered children. They handle what they set out to take care of.

To you parents of one: I applaud you, really. I remember having one. It is not simple. Your whole life revolves around your kids no matter how many you have. Whether it is one or seven, we're all in the same boat. We must strive to push forward with our parenting and sharpen our abilities at every chance we get.

I, by far, am no super mom. Yes, my children are well-behaved (for the MOST part LOL they still have their spaz moments), loving, and amazing children (in my eyes anyway :) haha) BUT I still struggle with keeping up with the daily drag of laundry, dishes, messes, and my list of things to clean and fix. It is a never-ending battle to complete everything every day. But THAT IS OK!

Not ONE of us is perfect - no matter how many friends of yours posts pictures and statuses of how many cakes they baked while vacuuming AND nursing a baby at the same time. We must remember that it is human nature to fail... but it is also our nature to get right back up and push onward to improve where we've failed.

As I close for tonight, renew your faith in yourself. You can do ANYTHING that has been set in front of you to complete. Do not let doubt and frustration get in the way. Take a deep breath - plan or change what needs attention. You're going to be ok :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A walk through the park...

A walk through the park...
My beautiful family of 7