Thursday, October 4, 2012

Be who you are... unless I don't like it!!!!

That's right!!! Embrace yourself!!!

Exceeeeeept... you are probably a terrible and judgmental person if you are not like me!

Right?

This is how I feel about the pressures of our media and the rhythm that this country is beating its chest to.

It is almost like we are told to express ourselves.. but don't really! We still need to fit into whatever box we are told to squeeze into.

I feel like things are more conflicting than ever.

Who are we trying to please here? Before we know it, the only people who will be accepted are those who fit into the taboo fields and are desiring acceptance... and then "normal" society will then become the odd people, trying to fit in.

How many more of these "I love people with tattoos" groups am I going to have to keep seeing. It's weird, it's like a movement or something. I personally don't like tattoos and will not get one for myself BUT most of my friends have at least one. They have them, I don't. There is not discussion about it negatively, and when they get one I tell them I think it's pretty or cool.

But a movement - really?

I feel like people are going out of their way to go OUTSIDE the box and then stand on a soap box SCREAMING for me to conform to them orrrrrrrrr judging me for not being like them. Or even WORSE - accusing me of judging THEM!

I have my opinions about tattoos for myself, personally, or about getting a billion piercings and altering my skin, or maybe even about what food I eat (yes, I know... I can't believe it... I.. EAT....... MEAT!!!!!!!), but I am not passing judgement or disrespect on people who are different than me.

I appreciate you for who you are. BE who you are. Stop doing things to get attention. Stop being different JUST to be different. If you like tattoos, go get them. If you like meat, eat it. If you prefer veganism, refrain from meat and animal products.

Give me your opinion. Tell me what you believe. I love hearing what people have to say and what they think and I find interest in hearing when people have thoughts that are the complete opposite of me... but let's be peaceful :)

What would this world be without diversity, after all?


No comments:

Post a Comment

A walk through the park...

A walk through the park...
My beautiful family of 7