Saturday, October 20, 2012

I found the secret to losing weight!!!!

Ok... are you ready for this? The true secret to losing weight is....

YOUR DECISION to do so!

You think all those other scams out there are the real deal? Perhaps they have cool tips and ways to lose weight.. but the truth is that the ONLY WAY you will lose weight is if you have 100% decided to do it.

That means NO more excuses, that means NO more delays, that means NO more saying NO!

I have been a mother for 6 1/2 years and, therefore, got pregnant over 7 years ago. I used to be thin, young and pretty (lol).

Just before I turned 18 and a year before I
got pregnant with my first
   




Now, 7+ years and 5 kids later (kinda freaks me out every time I state how many children I've had in such a short time haha what the heck is THIS chick thinking having so many kids, so young, so quickly?! Oh crap! It's me!!!!), my body is unrecognizable.

My husband used to serve in the military, so he is no foreigner to the gym and being in shape. Let me tell you - going from that ^^^^ up there to the blob I turned into damaged me in more ways that I had imagined possible.

"I'm strong willed and strong minded, nothing will take me down. I'm overweight? Eh.. I'm alright. I still feel confident in myself." --- yes... not so true after years of feeling trapped in the body that I wish was a fat suit I could strip off.

My fifth babe is four months old now, and as SOON as I got the clear to workout (two months after he was born and, therefore, two months after my c-section) I decided to start working my way toward the old-young me - ha!

At first I would workout a few days a week and I started eating really well - cutting down my calories to 1500-1700/day. I also started using this amazing app called Lose It! through my phone - which is free. I used it before I got pregnant with Micah and lost 9 pounds in three weeks. At the third week mark I got pregnant lol

Anyway - life started getting in the way (I do have five kids, after all, including an infant with a major heart defect). After my oldest went back to school and I was going from doctor appt to doctor appt for my baby, to eye doc appt for one of my twins, to getting my son's schooling on track and in control, to just being a MOM and housewife, in general - let's just say that life got busy! I went for a week without working out, then almost two, then another week! I had only worked out like three or four times in one month... And I was staying the same weight :(

That is when I discovered this miraculous secret. The answer to all!

I was going to get in shape no matter how tired I was, not matter how long my day was, no matter HOW LATE it was - I WAS GOING TO WORKOUT AND DO IT - coupled with eating better meals and limiting my caloric intake (since this is getting long, I'll make another blog soon about what foods you should eat, how to gauge what you're eating, and other tips to realistically CHANGE your eating habits).

I made the decision on Sept 23 that I was going to workout every day for 30 days. Even though I knew that it would be almost impossible to do it EVERY single day... I still wanted to make it a goal. I have worked out 18 times out of the past 26 days. Yes, I've missed 8 workouts. Some have been due to injuries (lol I got shin splints woot woot - finally feeling better today), others have been due to sheer exhaustion (I am also nursing a baby, exclusively, and have my five kiddos to take care of, and there have been a few nights where it hits 11 and I have JUST gotten the baby down and am just simply too exhausted to workout), but I will tell you that this whole mindset and determination has changed me.

Tomorrow I WILL workout. I will make it happen! I have taken 3 days off in a row, and refuse to take another.

Like I keep saying - the TRUTH is, the secret to losing weight is YOUR decision. Are you fed up with being.. well, I'll say it - fat? Are you sick of sitting up and feeling uncomfortable in your own skin because of the stomach SITTING in your lap? Yep- I've cried maaany times about that :-/

Are you sick of seeing pictures of yourself and wanting to rip them to shreds or delete them when you see yourself? I've gotten rid of so many pics, even if they had images of my children in them, cuz I couldn't stomach looking at myself anymore.

For the first time in a couple YEARS I fit my old pants! My other clothes are starting to slide off me... and I haven't felt this good in..... forever!

It's made me apologize to my husband for looking the way I did because HE had to stay loyal and faithful to me - his giant wife. Thank you, honey, by the way... thank you for really, truly loving ME. Cuz I have still been here, inside this suit, the whole time.

I'm down 15-16 pounds so far (in the pic below), and am going to keep pushing! I have at LEAST 40 pounds to go.. But it is going to be so worth it!

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!! NO MORE! I am not going to be a victim anymore!!!!

So! Come and join me - make the decision to change YOUR life, your body, your world
- today :)



5 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! You have so many things in the way that are genuinely good excuses to not work out. You have so many responsibilities to take care of completely separate from taking care of yourself. I'm so proud of you for making such a commitment to yourself and to your family to do this. I love you no matter what shape you are, because your heart has always been the same, but I'm excited to see you become happier and more confident in yourself. So proud of your progress and can't wait to see more pictures like those above! Love you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah - you've been an inspiration to ME with your own weight loss!!!

    And wow Rach... you are so sweet and uplifting. I appreciate you every day and am blessed that God gave you to me as my sister. Love you, miss you, and can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome post Becca, very inspirational and very true! And you look great!

    ReplyDelete

A walk through the park...

A walk through the park...
My beautiful family of 7