Thursday, October 4, 2012

Creativity peaks when it's time to sleep

I, for one, am not a very creative person. I am not one of those awesome mommies who can come up with genius arts and crafts and make magic out of nothing. I can think of a few who I really admire (Michelle C. is one). It's like everything she touches turns to gold!

Me?

Um... here kids - a piece of PAPER that you can draw CIRCLES on and I will totally write your name so you can outline it! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!

When it comes to personal things like writing or painting, I'm not very creative either. I am seriously so impressed by people who can come up with crazy story lines or beautiful artistic masterpieces filled with colors and designs.

But there is this one time of the day when my creative juices start flowing... and that's at night! Yes - I can probably come up with solutions to end the problems of the world, AND design you your dream home while writing a Best Selling Novel ALLLL at the same time! ALL at night - when I can't actually do anything!

It's like my body is saying.... ok now that it's time to rest, let's turn on our brain and figure some stuff out! Let's make things work, fix problems, branch out and create create create!!!

Anyone else have this happen to them? lol

I'm pretty sure it's common for us to go through the events of the days while we're lying there, trying to go to bed. I bet that when our minds are occupied with the desperation of simply surviving the day, I guess there isn't much room to come up with a plan to fight world hunger or create a solution to NEVER LOSING ANOTHER SOCK AGAIN AND ALWAYS KEEPING SOCKS MATCHED (sorry - I have issues with socks... lol).

But to my friends who are so resourceful and creative during LIVING hours - I applaud you! This mommy has mommy brain allllllllllllllll the day long until it's just too late to do anything useful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A walk through the park...

A walk through the park...
My beautiful family of 7